Powerful yet simple and easy to use interface with built in preview to see new names before you rename. You can also undo renaming.
This makes batch renaming extremely easy and you can rename many files in a few clicks.
Extremely useful to rename photos using date and time picture taken and other EXIF & IPTC metadata.
Rename MP3 files using ID3 tag information like artist, album, year, title, composer, Genre and Track number. You can also use External File list created in Text or Excel file to rename files.
Product Features and Benefits to user:
- Instant preview before you rename.
- Undo All your renaming.
- Add Numerical and Alphabetical sequence to file names. You can also renumber file names.
- Insert and delete text at beginning, end, at any character position and before / after some text.
- Find / Search and Replace Text from file name. You can choose part of file name to search.
- Add System Date ( Created, Modified and accessed) in the file names.
- Rename digital photos using their EXIF and IPTC Tags. Like Date picture taken and camera model and IPTC data like Author, Description, Copyright information. More than 40 tags supported.
- Change File Name case to lower case, upper case or proper case.
- Remove, Add and Rename File Extension.
- Reverse File Name.
- Swap file name parts.
- Remove Characters like remove all unwanted characters from file name.
- Add File Name component like folder name or full path into file name.
- Rename MP3 files using ID3 tag information like Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Title, Comments, Track Number, Composer.
- Command line support. You can apply your saved renaming rule from command line.
- List Renamer to rename files using a external file list in excel or csv file.
- Rename file name using external list you created.
- Save and then apply multiple renaming action (File Renamer Rule) in a single click.
- Remove spaces from file names
- Compatible with (32 or 64 bit) Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 2003
"Windows can handle some basic file renaming in batches, but not with the power and simplicity of this tool, which changes extensions and can undo renames. Use the preview function to see the new name before giving the okay."
-PC Magazine, In Cover Story of April 2008 Issue
"Those meaningless default file names attached to your digital photos? They need to change. Yes, Windows Explorer lets you rename files en masse, but it doesn't offer the control of File Renamer. You can replace an entire name, a designated part of a name (say, characters 3 through 17), keywords, and more. Of course, it's also a great way to rename music and video files (not to mention plain old data files)."
-PC Magazine, In Cover Story of June 2007 Issue
"My experience with File Renamer was great. I had tried several other trial versions of file renaming programs, but yours was by far the easiest to use. Some programs were so convoluted it was impossible to get them to do what you wanted to do, simply rename files in a rational, straight-forward manner. File Renamer is great, allowing you to preview the result of your change, and being able to undo the result." Mike Augeri, Warren Massachusetts.
"It has been only a few weeks since I bought that marvellous Winsome File Renamer. Have been using it on and off, but rather more than I expected to do when I bought it. I did try some freeware alternatives, but this one comes out cheaper, counting the problems on using the other stuff. Winsome File Renamer is really worth the money. It is clear how to use it, easy to use, and a very useful preview to prevent problems." Frans Klaus, The Netherlands.